» Western Canadian Midget & Youth Championships
Location and Facility: Medicine Hat Rotary Track
1501 Division Ave North, Medicine Hat, Alberta
- Midget (born in 1997-1998)
- Youth (born 1995-1996)
Team Entries (athletes with seeding performances): Due Monday July 9, 2012
- Technical meeting: Friday July 13, 2012, 9:00 pm.
Team Social- Saturday, July 14, 2012, 5:00 pm.
Location: Medicine Hat Rotary Track- Crescent Heights High School
General Rules for Western Canadian Midget & Youth Track & Field Championships
1. Spikes (track & field events) must comply with IAAF/ Athletics Canada rules.
2. Athletes must wear proper provincial uniforms.
3. All competitors must be registered members of their Provincial Association.
4. Team scoring:
1st-13 pts, 2nd – 11 pts, 3rd – 9 pts, 4th- 7 pts, 5th- 6 pts, 6th– 5 pts 7th – 4pts, 8th - 3pts, 9th – 2pt, 10th - 1pts.
Relays 1st - 7pts, 2nd - 5pts, 3rd 3pts , 4th 2pt, 5th 1pt.
5. Top two athletes from each team will score; no restriction on field sizes.
6. There will be six attempts in horizontal jumps and all throws.