» Timex Series FAQ
Developed by Timex in 1989, in conjunction with the branch associations of Athletics Canada, the TNRRS has over 110 races with an excess of 140,000 participants. The TNRRS reflects the growing popularity in 5 KM and 10 KM running as we continue to see the base of participation increase each year.
The TNRRS is an integral part of the road running scene in Canada, designed for all runners from the beginner to the elite competitor. By running one of the official Timex Road Race Series events, you are entered in the series and accumulating points. See the results area for your official points standing.
The Timex Road Race Series culminates in the National 10 KM Final - Canadian 10 KM Road Race Championships - held at the end of the provincial series season.
Frequently Asked Questions
New for 2012, Athletics Alberta will be scoring the Timex Series in a total of Three (3) age categories which will allow fair competition for all. Athletes will be placed in one of the following divisions according to their age as of December 31 of the current year.
- 29 & under
- 30 - 49
2013 Athletics Alberta Road Race Members will receive:
- Opportunity to represent Team Alberta at the National 10km Championships in Toronto (October 2013) by Top 3 placing (for both women & men) at the Alberta Provincial 10km Championships. This team selection, which is fully funded, is in conjunction with the 2013 Scotiabank Calgary Marathon Weekend on May 26.
- Eligible for Age-Class awards at the 2013 Athletics Alberta Annual Awards Banquet
- Eligible for Provincial funding
- Name entered in Timex watch draw
What's new in 2013?
- No overall Timex Series point scoring; no age-group categories - just a focus on the top performances at each Timex Series Road Race.
- Highlights of the podium finishers and the stories from each Timex Series Alberta race.
- Team Alberta selection for the National 10km Champs in Toronto in October 2013
- Check results
- Access registration quick links
- Access calendar of events
Opportunity to represent Team Alberta at the National 10km Championships in Toronto (October 2013) by Top 3 placing (for both women & men) at the Alberta Provincial 10km Championships. This team selection, which is fully funded, is in conjunction with the 2013 Scotiabank Calgary Marathon Weekend on May 26.
All selections are to be made following the final race in Calgary and are subject to review by Athletics Alberta Provincial Office Staff.
- Click here to register for the 2013 Alberta Provincial 10km Championships at the Scotiabank Calgary Marathon's Jugo Juice 10km